On Jul 22, 2011, at 7:57 AM, Quintus wrote:
> Am 21.07.2011 02:18, schrieb Eric Hodel:
>> I haven't had time to write it and few people have expressed interest =
in needing it.  I'm also not sure what I should write about it. Using =
the visitor pattern makes the formatters rather simple to write.
>=20
> A word about what a formatter's and what a generator'=80=99s purpose =
is would
> be nice. At least one person wasn't able to grep the difference solely
> from the documentation and had to ask here at the list^^. Thanks again
> for your explanations.
>=20
>> If I had an idea of what things you wish you'd know I can use that to =
write documentation.
>=20
> Maybe a kind of flow chart how RDoc processes things and invokes
> parsers/generators/formatters? Just an idea, I always think flow =
charts
> are the easiest way to understand how a process works [but don't try
> them with my RDoc-LaTeX-PDF code, it doesn't handle images yet^^).

I think I can add additional descriptions to RDoc::Markup::Formatter and =
RDoc::Generator as well as a "how rdoc generates stuff" somewhere else.

>> Also, where is your project hosted?  I'd like to take a look at it.=20=

>=20
> I just uploaded it to GitHub, you can find it at:
>=20
> https://github.com/Quintus/rdoc_pdf-latex
>=20
> And if you know a way to define new LaTeX headings I'd be *very*
> thankful, because the current way I do it a) doesn't work properly and
> b) looks absolutely horrible (see data/main.tex.erb file).

I don't know much about LaTeX, but I'll poke at it, maybe this weekend.=