On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:25 AM, Bob Carpenter. <rgc3679 / yahoo.com> wrote:

> Do you think I'll be able to access the ethernet port with Ruby? Or do
> you see a better way to grab the image stream? Googling for Ruby
> ethernet didn't yield much, but I'll keep digging.

Sure. via HTTP, FTP, &c. Ruby doesn't much care about the hardware you
use for network access, since that's OS level work. :)

The question is if you *need* to, which is unlikely: IP cameras have a
web interface (make sure to secure that!). And how to access the pure
audio/video stream really depends on the camera and how it does stream
the video feed (if at all, but it should).

To discuss that, though, ruby-talk is the wrong forum. :)

--=20
Phillip Gawlowski

phgaw.posterous.com | twitter.com/phgaw | gplus.to/phgaw

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 -- Leibniz