On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Bob Carpenter. <rgc3679 / yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the education - very much appreciated!

You are welcome! Though, it is a really, really abbreviated
explanation, as well (look ma, no complex numbers).

> I will look for fully digital cameras or an inexpensive way to do ADC,
> maybe via add-on board.

Unless you want to retro-fit what you already have, I wouldn't bother.
The benefit of digital cameras is that the signal processing is done
in the camera, and the camera can apply some corrections already (low
light conditions, colour correction, whathaveyou), which means that
all you need to do is watch the images. Laziness *can* be a virtue. ;)

Though, you know your deployment situation best, obviously enough.

--=20
Phillip Gawlowski

phgaw.posterous.com | twitter.com/phgaw | gplus.to/phgaw

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 -- Leibniz