Well, first you should understand that while it's not uncommon to have to
write tests for legacy code with TDD/BDD you normally write your tests first
then you write your code to make the tests pass.

I wrote up a few links to Cucumber and RSpec resources, and TDD/BDD in
general, you can find here:

http://mikbe.tk/2011/03/05/learning-cucumber-rspec/