Phillip Gawlowski wrote in post #1011503:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Hassan Schroeder
> <hassan.schroeder / gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What you do with the digitized data is dependent on the software
>> you use or write, but you need it digitized first.
>
> To make this even worse: You need an analog-digital converter that is
> able to digitize the signal in the first place, and those chips are
> single-trick ponies (i.e. an ADC tuned for TV signals won't work with
> FM radio, even if the output signals you'd need *were* identical,
> which they aren't).

It's not clear whether you guys think a software ADC is impractical or
whether it's impossible.

If you're saying it's impractical, is it due to performance - takes too
long to convert analog voltages to digital values?

If it's impossible, is it because reading voltages at USB pins cannot be
done in software?

I have not found any reasonably priced digital cameras - reasonable
being in the range of $50/unit for quantities of 100. Please let me know
if you have seen any.

Thanks,

--Bob