On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Bob Carpenter. <rgc3679 / yahoo.com> wrote:

> All the cameras I looked at had similar specs - not being a EE type I
> thought it was software's job to convert to a digital signal.

Uh, no. Short version, you need hardware to digitize the incoming
analog signal (which in your case appears to be standard TV, either
NTSC or PAL).

What you do with the digitized data is dependent on the software
you use or write, but you need it digitized first.

Or get a camera that includes digital output from the get-go  :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder / gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder