On 18.07.2011 13:05, Robert Klemme wrote:
> Have you been referred to #each_with_index already?

Do you mean Array#each_index ?

> array.each{|entry, index|
>   p index if entry == "out"
> }

Because in the example you still used "each" :)

Somehow I did know about that behavior of Array#each_index but yet I
couldn't find it on http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Array.html .

I don't know, I can't stop my habit of using ruby-doc.org as my #1
source although it falls short every now and then. I've been pointed to
other sites already but come back to this one always, it feels somehow
"official" although my understanding is it isn't (and that there is none).

Something I think the PHP and Python projects got better ... arrrrr,
offtopic.

- Markus