On Jul 18, 2011, at 00:13 , suprabha r. wrote:

> hi
> its a simple question yet google wasnt of much help
>=20
> string =3D a_b_c_d_e
>=20
> search results mostly show how to split it as a b c d e
>=20
> but how to split it as a_b and c_d_e ?

Your question is too arbitrary. What criteria are you hoping to split it =
by? Index? Content? Randomly? I can come up with many answers to your =
question, but that doesn't mean it is the right answer.

Have you looked directly at the documentation for String? Try typing `ri =
String` and then maybe `ri String#index` into your terminal.