launchy version 2.0.3
    by Jeremy Hinegardner
    http://www.copiousfreetime.org/projects/launchy

== DESCRIPTION

Launchy is helper class for launching cross-platform applications in a
fire and forget manner.

There are application concepts (browser, email client, etc) that are
common across all platforms, and they may be launched differently on
each platform.  Launchy is here to make a common approach to launching
external application from within ruby programs.

    Launchy.open( "http://www.ruby-lang.org/" )

== CHANGES with version 2.0.3

* Almost a complete rewrite
* Add in Deprecated API wrappers that warn the user
* Documentation updates explicitly stating the Public API
* Increase test coverage
* JRuby Support
* Organization is such that it will be easier to add additional applications
* Windows behavior possibly fixed, again

== UPGRADING

The previously published version of Launchy was 0.4.0. There have been so many
changes, and a mistaken tag at 1.0.0, that I have decided to bump all the way
to 2.0.x.

I have attempted to keep backward compatibility with the previous examples. The
previous API examples of:

    Launchy::Browser.run("http://www.ruby-lang.org/")

and

    Launchy::Browser.new.visit("http://www.ruby-lang.org/")

will still work, and you will get a deprecation notice, along with the line
of code you should probably update. For example, this is what would print out
in the github gem if it was updated to use 2.0.x but not use the supported API.

    % gh home
    WARNING: You made a call to a deprecated Launchy API. This call should be changed to 'Launchy.open( uri )'
    WARNING: I think I was able to find the location that needs to be fixed. Please go look at:
    WARNING:
    WARNING: /Users/jeremy/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p334/gems/github-0.6.2/lib/commands/helpers.rb:275:in `open'
    WARNING: helper :open do |url|
    WARNING:   has_launchy? proc {
    WARNING:     Launchy::Browser.new.visit url
    WARNING:   }
    WARNING: end
    WARNING:
    WARNING: If this is not the case, please file a bug. Please file a bug at https://github.com/copiousfreetime/launchy/issues/new

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy / hinegardner.org