On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Leonardo Valeri Manera
<l.valerimanera / gmail.com> wrote:

>> Now, since you're using 1.9.2, that could explain the encoding issue
>> when doing RDoc.
>>
>> I can only tell you that RDoc 2.5.x works best with 1.8.7, and that is
>> how RubyInstaller generated it.
>
> Ok. noted. Although a whiny little child in me keeps going "But this
> worked when I made 1.9.2p190!"

Well, it is breaking in some files that had documentation changes.

Please note that nothing in RubyInstaller's infrastructure did change
to make that hard for you.

The issue is being raised when RDoc fails to process Ruby source code,
nothing less.

Between p180 and p290, source code do change :-)

> Anyway, this sounds like a pain to fix from your tone, so why not just
> be specific about 1.9.x being unsupported/broken w.r.t. building the
> whole package in the readme?

Well, ideally I've already generated the CHM for you, which you can
download as independent packages...

Trying to understand your need to build it again...

>> If someone took the time to update rdoc_chm to work with RDoc 3.x,
>> then we could easily solve this (hint hint) ;-)
>
> Ladies and Gentlemen, the master of subtlety himself! :D

I thought for a second that my brain-wash/hipnosys was going to
work... need to practice more ;-)

> Tempting as the idea is, my ruby-fu is so weaksauce rdoc_chm is opaque
> to me. I'm afraid when it comes to ruby I'm a burger-level consumer :)
>
> I'll light a candle for it though - can't go on being tied to 1.8
> forever, as 1.8 itself won't be around forever.

Well, I don't think several things changed from RDoc 2.5 to 3.x to
make the plugin work.

Why you don't checkout rdoc_chm source code and give it a whirl?

https://github.com/vertiginous/rdoc_chm

Perhaps it just works, but it needs someone to try it out.

Don't underestimate what you can accomplish if you take the time to
look into it.

We all started somewhere :-)

--=20
Luis Lavena