On Jul 14, 6:36=A0pm, Alexey Muranov <mura... / math.univ-toulouse.fr>
wrote:
> Kendall Gifford wrote in post #1010836:
>
> > If I were you I'd go ask the guys in the "Ruby
> > on
> > Rails: Core" mailing-list/group (
> >https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rubyonrails-core) if you can
> > expect
> > the class to stick around (and/or why it's been nodoc-ed). After all,
> > since
> > your project is a rails one you're right to look to leverage this
> > ActiveSupport class.
>
> Thanks Gifford, i didn't know about this mailing list.
>

> >> I think by the way that the current ordered implementation of Hash is
> >> nice, but should have been called OrderedHash, so that in future
> >> versions Hash could be made unordered again.
>
> > Or it is named correctly and you can just assume a Hash isn't ordered
> > (even
> > if it is for a specific version) and code accordingly.
>
> Yes, my "problem" is exactly that i did not want to assume Hash to be
> ordered.

Insertion ordered is part of Ruby spec now. It is very unlikely to
change b/c a lot of people will be very pissed.

That said, there are other types of order. Consider hashery gem with
it's Dictionary class (which is an evolution of the orderedhash gem).