Hi

I have a regex as follows

REG1=Regexp.new=('dodgydata')

Basically, I need to read a file in line by line, and on each line
that's a match for my regex, remove everything from the point of the
regex to the end of that line. Is there a more efficient way to do it
than what I have at the moment? I have some HUGE files to process, and
many more regex matches to capture.. :-/

ARGF.each_line do [L]

if L.index(REG1)
   a=L.index(REG1)
   b=L.length
   L.slice!(a..b)
   L << "\n"   # Add a newline back to the end of the line
end

print L

end

(As you can see I'm no ruby expert!). I'd like to be able to make this
more efficient, just doesn't seem a very Ruby way to do things.. All
help gratefully accepted!

Regards

Eddie