This got more replies than I expected and it's good to see discussion on
the content.

The main goal of the RubyInstaller is to provide a solid, foundational
Ruby environment for Windows that's upgradeable, minimally invasive,
easy to use, easy to maintain, and helps newcomers quickly get up and
running and enjoying our Ruby.

This goal drives almost all we do, from our installers and archives to
our online and embedded documentation. Huw's earlier version met that
goal quite well. It's also the reason why I worked with No Starch and
selected the Blocks, Procs, and Lambdas chapter from Huw's new version.

The great thing is you now have access to Huw's earlier version and two
chapters from his new version in order to decide whether his book
resonates with you.  For those with suggestions and improvements I
encourage you to provide that feedback directly to Huw so it doesn't
simply remain trapped on this thread.

Finally, I'm always on the lookout for new partnering opportunities that
both (a) make sense for the RubyInstaller project, and (b) truly add
value. Keep an eye out for future RubyInstaller Extras announcements.

If you got a cool new partnering idea, we'd love to hear from you. Drop
me and Luis a private email and let's see if it makes sense.

Jon

---
blog: http://jonforums.github.com/
twitter: @jonforums

"Anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word obviously lacks
imagination." - Mark Twain