Hi, the following code does not "compile":

-----------------------------
  def test1
    value = return("lalala")
  end
-----------------------------
=> SyntaxError: (irb):11: void value expression

Ok, it makes sense. So then, why the following does not fail?

-----------------------------
  def test2
    value = case 123
      when Fixnum
        return "returning 'Fixnum' string from method test2"
      end
    puts "method test2 ends now"
  end
--------------------------
irb> test2
=> "returning 'Fixnum' string from method kk"

I'm using Ruby 1.9.2 and in fact I use a method like "test2" it in my
project, but it seems a bit strange for me and I would like to be sure
that it's something correct (even if IMHO it does not make sense) and
will not change in a future Ruby 1.9 version.

Thanks a lot.

--
IƱaki Baz Castillo
<ibc / aliax.net>