Thank you for your response I do write like that already but I should be
more careful when I am posting.

I still am very curious though:

  If the output of File.read( '/path/to/file/file.extension' )
  Is a string

  And I have this function

  def add_file_to_bucket( bucket, name, file )
    @client.put_object( bucket, name, :data => File.read( file ) )
  end

  Which works if I pass a name of a file on my hard drive for the
  last parameter file like

    add_file_to_bucket( 'some_bucket', 'some_custom_name', 'some_file' )

  It will work

Why it is that if I define this function

  def add_string_to_bucket( bucket, name, string )
    @client.put_object( bucket, name, :data => string )
  end

  And call it like

    string = some_data_feed.convert_to_string

    add_string_to_bucket( 'some_bucket', 'some_custom_name', string )

  It will run through the function without errors but it will not
actually
  upload any files to the bucket.