So I have used this function from gstore gem

def add_file_to_bucket( bucket, name, file )
      @client.put_object( bucket, name, :data => File.read( file ) )
    end

I was playing around in irb and noticed the output of File.read is a
string so I thought I could make this function

def add_string_to_bucket( bucket, name, string )
      @client.put_object( bucket, name, :data => string )
    end

when I run it I don't get any errors but when I check my google storage
with gsutil there is no new file either

I don't see a difference and was wondering if any one had any insights
as to why this wont work. Thank you

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.