isa b. wrote in post #1010586:
> Hi,
>
> I am a web designer, and am trying to be able to edit a group project
> that is hosted on gitHub. I am using a windows computer. I just
> installed Ruby and Ruby Gems (where is the correct place to install
> this? that might be the source of problem).

1) Download RubyInstaller

http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads

Use the same version (1.8.7 or 1.9.2) -- if you don't know, ask your
colleagues.

Please read the options in the installation screen to determine which
ones applies to you (specially the add Ruby to the PATH).

There is no need to install RubyGems, it is already integrated in all
the RubyInstaller versions.

2) Download DevKit from the same page

And follow the installation instructions:

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit

For installing this and dealing with Ruby requires you have certain
knowledge of command line tools.

> So I've forked a project, merged it(? my friend was showing me the
> steps, but he's using a mac so he wasn't able to help me when I
> encountered the problem). Right now, I'm in gitbash and am inputting
> "bundle exec padrino start", but it says it can't find: "bson_ext-1.3.1
> in any of the sources". The thing is, I see it in  my ruby gems folder,
> so why can't the program find it?

3) Install the gems

Which I believe you *partially* installed.

While you have bundler and padrino installed, you're missing other gems,
like bson_ext

You should be able to execute "bundle install" from the command line to
install all the missing gems from your installation.

There are several tutorials on "getting started" on Windows and Ruby,
please check the list here:

https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Tutorials

Hope that helps.
--