Hello,

Would someone please clarify one point ? The "value" of a method call is
the value of the "last" expression evaluated. So far I assumed (but never
checked) that "ensure" block were irrelevant about that (i.e. the
"returned" value would be the "last" one "before" the "ensure"). Apparently
I was wrong. That slightly bothers me. I would however agree that an
explicit "return" inside an "insure" section should "override" the returned
value of the main block. What is actually happening ?

Jean-Hugues

At 04:44 18/04/2002 +0900, Dale Martenson wrote:

>After reading my own last post, let me clarify this by saying that the
>"ensure" clause will be executed as the block terminates no matter what
>happens in the block: normal exit, embedded return statements, raised and
>handled exceptions and uncaught exceptions. My example doesn't really show
>this, but it is true.

Web:  http://hdl.handle.net/1030.37/1.1
Phone: +33 (0) 4 92 27 74 17