On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:46 PM, Intransition <transfire / gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not true for 0.x releases --in which case the second number
> represents major changes.

You are confusing RRV and SemVer. :)

Quoth the RubyGems Rational Versioning Policy:
Nevermo^W"A category 3 change (incompatible) will increment the major
build number and reset the minor and build numbers."

It doesn't say anything about pre-1.0.0 releases. ;)

Though, RRV works best for *existing* libraries adopting it, and
SemVer works best for *fresh, newborn* libraries.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

twitter.com/phgaw
phgaw.posterous.com