--bcaec54ee6bcee528e04a79d23bb

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Timothy Barnes <barnes7td / gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are the instructions that I followed (from green shoes github site):
> Via Homebrew
>
> (untested, but probably the recommended approach for Intel Macs)
>
> This approach would be basically as per the Macports instructions, but
> using
> the equivalent Homebrew <http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/> commands to
> install Ruby 1.9 and GTK2. So, something like:
>
>   1. Install Homebrew <http://wiki.github.com/mxcl/homebrew/installation>
>   2. Install Ruby 1.9 brew install ruby (Alternatively, you may want to
>   use RVM <http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/> to install Ruby1.9)
>   3. Install GTK2 brew install gtk+ (This should pull in all other
>   dependencies such as Cairo)
>   4. You may then have to update the Rubygems version if it isn't greater
>   than 1.3.7 (updating shouldn't do any harm anyway): sudo gem update
>   --system
>   5. Install Ruby bindings: sudo gem install cairo -v10.0 and sudo gem
>   install gtk2 -v90.5
>   6. Install the Green Shoes gem: sudo gem install green_shoes

If you installed Ruby with rvm, then everything is done locally, so you
should not need "sudo" for installing the gems. I am pretty sure that using
sudo with rvm can cause issues.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Timothy Barnes <barnes7td / gmail.com> wrote:

> kou,
>
> I tried port install cairo and opt/local/include  was created but no
> cairo.h

I think macports requires sudo "sudo port install" because of where it
installs to.

I am also pretty sure that if you use both macports and homebrew, then this
can cause you issues. The homebrew page should have more information about
its compatibility with macports. At the very least, you'll probably have to
uninstall the cairo that you installed with macports.

--bcaec54ee6bcee528e04a79d23bb--