Hi, I'm coding a server (using Ruby EventMachine). I run it daemonized
by doing the doble fork and so on (it works ok). But for debugging
purposes I let, for now, stderr and stdout still pointing to the
standard output and error output (so the terminal), so after the
double fork I leave the following two lines commented (for now):

    # $stdout.reopen("/dev/null")
    # $stderr.reopen("/dev/null")

I left my server working for some days, and at some time I saw this error:

  Input/output error - <STDERR> (Errno::EIO)

It hasn't accurred anymore, even with the above lines still commented
(and working for several long days). My server just receives SIP
messages (like HTTP), there is no input from the keyboard and so.

So my question is: when/why could the above error occur?

Thanks a lot.

--
IƱaki Baz Castillo
<ibc / aliax.net>