> I guess this thread has spawned another issue. Let me close this and
> say I will look for some other project to work on.

NOOOOO.  Make it work.

> I would appreciate if we don't indulge in this topic of piracy or
> theft of movies as this is a Ruby forum.

Yes, I've seen the adverts and now I know that Piracy Funds Terrorism.
Clearly the IRA and Hamas really love sharing Hollywood films and pop
music with bittorrent.

To be frank I'm appalled that the censors say this shit.  It cheapens
an important problem.  I think you should keep downloading things just
to piss them off.  Whayyy.