Maybe I'm thinking a bit amateurishly (only Rubying for a couple weeks now),
but wouldn't a regexp \w+ command for each filename suffice? Just return
everything before the . in the filename (guess you could avoid digits first)
and rewrite the file name with the return + ' '.

Guess you could add a raise exception if a movie was found pirated that
changes your username to 'THIEF'