On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:54 AM, Chauk-Mean Proum <chauk.mean / gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've posted a reply to your announcement to the Ruby Forum.
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1978214#1007014
>
> Maybe you have not received it.

Hey, not sure why but I didn't get that email. Are you posting through
Usenet or something?

Thanks for this useful framework with its nice and Ruby like API.

> I'm wondering whether you intend to support asynchronous call with
> return value(s). Such call would return a future, then the caller would
> be able to retrieve or try to retrieve the value(s) at any time.
> I know that there is Celluloid::Future but this is not really
> "integrated" with the asynchronous call feature. So the nice API is not
> complete regarding this aspect.
>
> Yeah, I wanted to do this sort of thing in Reia. I was going to do
obj<-futurized_method_call(...) for that, which would return a future. The
cooresponding obj->methoI'm not sure what syntax would be appropriate for
Celluloid. Perhaps obj.future(:method, *args, &block) ?

> PS : The readme still indicates that 'new' creates a normal object, yet
> new is now an alias for spawn.
>
> Oops, I changed that in the most recent release and didn't update the
README. Thanks!

--
Tony Arcieri