On 18 Jun 2011, at 13:23, Eleanor McHugh wrote:
> My session "Google Go for Ruby Hackers" has been accepted - so if you =
want to find our how to code in a dynamic language which lacks =
method_missing? you know where to be between August 11th and 13th.
>=20
> I'm still a penniless open-source coder so I've started a fresh =
pledgie campaign [0] to help cover my expenses. These will probably be =
dominated by the cost of my transatlantic flight, but in the unlikely =
event there's money left over it all goes into funding my dev time and =
not buying beer (which I brew myself) so don't be afraid to be generous =
;)

The Lone Star schedule [0] is up and includes a nice abstract of "Google =
Go for Ruby Hackers" which I can summarise thus: slightly deranged =
English hacker dissects two supposedly dissimilar languages with a very =
sharp knife and explores similarities in their entrails.

There'll be a slideshow for people who like that sort of thing, dense =
code samples for offline study, coverage of my fave Go tools (which =
shockingly includes unit testing!) and extemporised geekery. If language =
homology is your cup of tea then you can also expect to be educated and =
entertained whilst learning Go without the static preconceptions being =
peddled in the blogosphere.

My pledgie campaign [1] has now raised =A3120, which is around 20% of =
the return airfare for London<->Austin, so every contribution helps!

Ellie

[0] http://lonestarrubyconf.com/
[1] http://pledgie.com/campaigns/15505

Eleanor McHugh