On Jun 24, 3:57=A0pm, Jeremy Heiler <jeremyhei... / gmail.com> wrote:

> It depends. Do you want to? I suppose the only disadvantage would be
> the cost of an object possibly creating a new array when to_ary is
> invoked.

No, I don't really ;-) But... I've always been under the impression
that something that responds to #to_ary should be treated as such.
Thanks to duck-typing I've never really had to give it much thought
before.

> It might be worth letting the user decide with a second `force =3D
> false` parameter.
>
> I am also wondering, what makes a String special here as opposed to a
> Fixnum or any other object?

An example would be a path name. The real code actually goes a bit
further to validate each element of the array too.