On 21 Ϧ, 21:55, Iaki Baz Castillo <i... / aliax.net> wrote:
> 2011/6/20 Ilias Lazaridis <il... / lazaridis.com>:
>
> >> False.
> > [...] - (not readed, 'cause it's anyway biased babbling)
>
> Sorry???

If someone is usually not concise and straight to the point, and
"wraps" technical information with personal-level babbling, then I
simply stop to read him.

> the given argument is really GOOD:

Ok, I'll take a look:

> False.
[...] - (explanations)

Essence:

require
 * loads from an absolute path (if given) or
 * loads from location looked-up within multiple paths given in global
path variable ($:)

require_relative
 * loads *only* from an absolute or file_relative path

In that case, the bang-name "require!" would not be adequate for
"require_relative".

-

Possibly it would be easier to add behaviour of "require":

require "./filename" #=> loads relative to $Dir.pwd (process working
directory)

require ":/filename" #=> loads relative to the file-directory

Possibly there's somewhere a standard for this.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com