On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM, James Gray <james / graysoftinc.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Robert Klemme
> <shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Or is there something else caused by the size of the
>> community which makes the gateway concept break?
>
> The gateway was formed to join the then two small online Ruby
> communities into one. =A0Today there are tons of sub-communities. =A0What
> makes those two special? =A0How come we don't link in 50 more? =A0My
> opinion is because we've grown beyond the size where that is needed.

Thanks for clarifying, James!  Now I get the point - and I understand
why I didn't get it earlier: I never viewed ruby-talk and c.l.r as
separate communities - they were all one community for me all the
time.  (Now, in hindsight, that tells us something about the good
quality of the gateway, doesn't it?)  That also explains why the cut
feels like a community split for me.  Well, we'll see how matters
evolve.

Kind regards

robert

--=20