On Jun 22, 2011, at 02:09 , Robert Klemme wrote:

> Me personally am a fan of the gateway.  Who else?

I'm afraid the numbers just don't bear out. You only posted once via usenet over the last week (out of 8 posts). :P

The numbers were even worse than I thought because I originally included a bunch of old mail in my analysis that I'd flagged to save. After filtering those out we have:

 2.5% =   9 posts     from usenet not from ilias
15.3% =  56 posts     from usenet     from ilias
82.2% = 302 posts not from usenet not from ilias
 0.0% =   0 posts not from usenet     from ilias !!!

1.6% of our posting population is posting 15.3% of all posts and history shows that he only gets more prolific with time. Why should one guy have such a negative impact through a medium we can't control? And that's only looking at the one guy, not the responses that only occurred because of him.

I suspect that things will normalize very quickly now and we can get back to work.

As an aside, I'd like to say that I deeply thank James for his efforts but that I also don't think James really owes us anything given the fact that this was a volunteer effort and being done on ex-company resources. I especially don't think he owes us anything given the current situation. It has gotten out of hand and despite repeated attempts by James, myself, and others to try to quell the masses (admittedly, via very different approaches). We're way past tribe size. I'm afraid it doesn't work at this scale.