On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Ilias Lazaridis <ilias / lazaridis.com> wrote:
> Talking about "Killing a Language System".
>
> If members of the "freak-show" control central project resources, then
> things become critical.
>
> Gateway Shutting Downhttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_frm/thread/37320...
>
> And the real "rationale" of this:
>
> "I'm shutting down the Ruby gateway. Gated messages - Ilias messages <
> 4% of gated Usenet traffic. You're welcome."https://twitter.com/#!/
> JEG2/status/83267057872932864

The real rational was the one given, by me, in the announcement.
Forcing you to post from a place where you can be banned was a perk
that may have sped up the process.

> Shutting it down, instead of make an announcement "will shutdown in x
> weeks, looking for new maintainer".

No replacement is needed or desired.  That's why I didn't call for one.

You need to stop speaking for me, or I may need to consider legal
retaliation.  (This is a joke, unless your name is Ilias.)

> And all this when I start to "get hands on the C-core". A serious
> code-
> level task.

Read the above.  Read the title of this thread.  Feel free to laugh.
Out loud.  I did.  A lot.

James Edward Gray II

P.S.  I promise to stop poking the troll with sticks after this message.