Tony Arcieri <tony.arcieri / gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the second release of Celluloid, and introduces a new reentrant
> method dispatch system based on fibers. More information about this new
> system, the problems it solves, and how Celluloid uses fibers is available
> in this commit message:
>
> https://github.com/tarcieri/celluloid/commit/3c7d500922306497f5063fecfca70bcdf1eac266

I initially had one question/concern with this release I answered for
myself by reading the code:

Q: Did it switch to using fibers (and drop threads), so it becomes like
   Revactor uses and thus need its own scheduler?

A: No, it still uses threads in addition to fibers.  It'll still work with
   existing, thread-safe/aware code and not require rearchitecting your
   application like Revactor did.

--
Eric Wong