On Jun 20, 10:21 pm, Ilias Lazaridis <il... / lazaridis.com> wrote:>
(public draft)
> I've notice several people mentioning something like "Matz is nice and
> so we are nice" (MINASWAN).

> MINASWAN - Sounds like Japanese.

> Japanese, like Mr. Yukihiro Matsumoto (Matz), the ruby language
> designer is.

> -

> And so I started wondering about this here:

> MIDASWAD - Matz is Dumb and so We are Dumb

[...]

Talking about "Killing a Language System".

If members of the "freak-show" control central project resources, then
things become critical.

Gateway Shutting Downhttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_frm/thread/37320...

And the real "rationale" of this:

"I'm shutting down the Ruby gateway. Gated messages - Ilias messages <
4% of gated Usenet traffic. You're welcome."https://twitter.com/#!/
JEG2/status/83267057872932864

A public service gateway, which connects ruby-talk with the usenet
group comp.lang.ruby and ensures that discussions are relayed to
thousands of usenet-servers and several archives.

Shutting it down, instead of make an announcement "will shutdown in x
weeks, looking for new maintainer".

-

And all this when I start to "get hands on the C-core". A serious
code-
level task.

REWORK - Task: Unify behaviour of by-literal-instantiated
Objectshttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_frm/thread/8d55c...

Isn't it an amazing coincidence?

.

--