On 21 =C9=EF=FD=ED, 16:07, Chuck Remes <cremes.devl... / mac.com> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2011, at 7:39 AM, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 13:37, Adam Prescott <a... / aprescott.com> wrote=
:
> >> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Nikolai Weibull <n... / bitwi.se> wrot=
e:

> >> I'd view it as more of a "dear god, can we not have another
> >> relative_require." It's a request, really, not a demand.
>
> > Here are the statistics of the require_relative thread (name, number
> > of messages):
>
> [snip list of names]
>
> I checked back in my ruby-talk archives to see what happened the last tim=
e Ilias popped in here (2005, briefly in early 2006, and lastly in 2008). M=
any of the top 10 names participated in his threads from 2005 (including yo=
u) and 2006. In 2008 he wasn't here long enough to attract much attention.

> I would hope that all of these people would remember the last few times L=
azaridis joined ruby-talk. I'd also hope that they would know better and ju=
st *not participate* in his threads at all. But *they* can't help themselve=
s either (including you).

> I fully expect this thread will go another few dozen replies and yet none=
 but a few will see the irony. If I were Lazaridis, I'd be laughing my fool=
 head off (and he probably is).

You are right, I'm smiling often, when looking at the "freak-show".
Sometimes I laugh even, e.g. when telling people honestly and directly
"I don't take you serious and I don't respect you", and seeing that
they have no self-respect and continue to address me directly, and
even using my first name.

But sometimes there are tears.

Because what happens here just reminds me that man-kind is still in
the mid-age, where the power of "freak-shows" executed "witches" in
the fire.

I can only repeat: I don't feel the slightest respect for this "freak-
show", and I do not take them serious.

But as a collective, of course I take them serious. Like a herd of
hyenas, they can be very dangerous. Like the mob which shouts "Free
her Soul in the Fire".

-

Sometimes there are tears.

Because I see how far away my major wish is.

May the World find Unity.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com