On Tuesday, June 21, 2011 06:51:08 AM Adam Prescott wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:39 PM, David Masover <ninja / slaphack.com> wrote:
> > But I guess this makes me part of the problem. I'm not sure what a good
> > solution is, though. I hate to leave his crap unchallenged. Either
> > responding or not responding still gives the impression that he's
> > running the list, and gives him some amount of perceived credibility.
>
> Perhaps being terse and linking to existing solutions? If the desire
> is to actually respond to incorrect/uninformed statements, for the
> sake of having proper answers in the thread (which I also agree is
> worthwhile), I can't see a simpler approach.

Not everything he asks has an existing solution, though, partly because he
doesn't actually give us a real problem to begin with. The best I could do, I
suppose, is link back to other posts I've made -- for instance, when he
forgets by the weekend a point I made on Wednesday, rather than making the
point again, I could just link back to the other post.

I'm not sure that's easier, but it would be quieter.