On Jun 21, 2011, at 7:39 AM, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 13:37, Adam Prescott <adam / aprescott.com> =
wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Nikolai Weibull <now / bitwi.se> =
wrote:
>>> It seems to me that the members of this mailing list that tend to
>>> answer Ilias are the same members that tend to act list police.
>>>=20
>>> Perhaps they should heed their own and each other=92s warnings =
instead
>>> of repeatedly telling everyone else what to do?
>=20
>> I'd view it as more of a "dear god, can we not have another
>> relative_require." It's a request, really, not a demand.
>=20
> Here are the statistics of the require_relative thread (name, number
> of messages):
[snip list of names]

I checked back in my ruby-talk archives to see what happened the last =
time Ilias popped in here (2005, briefly in early 2006, and lastly in =
2008). Many of the top 10 names participated in his threads from 2005 =
(including you) and 2006. In 2008 he wasn't here long enough to attract =
much attention.

I would hope that all of these people would remember the last few times =
Lazaridis joined ruby-talk. I'd also hope that they would know better =
and just *not participate* in his threads at all. But *they* can't help =
themselves either (including you).

I fully expect this thread will go another few dozen replies and yet =
none but a few will see the irony. If I were Lazaridis, I'd be laughing =
my fool head off (and he probably is).

cr