On Jun 21, 2011, at 7:39 AM, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 13:37, Adam Prescott <adam / aprescott.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Nikolai Weibull <now / bitwi.se> wrote:
>>> It seems to me that the members of this mailing list that tend to
>>> answer Ilias are the same members that tend to act list police.
>>>
>>> Perhaps they should heed their own and each other√‘ warnings instead
>>> of repeatedly telling everyone else what to do?
>
>> I'd view it as more of a "dear god, can we not have another
>> relative_require." It's a request, really, not a demand.
>
> Here are the statistics of the require_relative thread (name, number
> of messages):
[snip list of names]

I checked back in my ruby-talk archives to see what happened the last time Ilias popped in here (2005, briefly in early 2006, and lastly in 2008). Many of the top 10 names participated in his threads from 2005 (including you) and 2006. In 2008 he wasn't here long enough to attract much attention.

I would hope that all of these people would remember the last few times Lazaridis joined ruby-talk. I'd also hope that they would know better and just *not participate* in his threads at all. But *they* can't help themselves either (including you).

I fully expect this thread will go another few dozen replies and yet none but a few will see the irony. If I were Lazaridis, I'd be laughing my fool head off (and he probably is).

cr