On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM, A. Stroh Turph <astroh.turph / gmail.com>wrote:

> While I can't defend what Ilias is doing here, I think you may have
> misjudged him in this one particular instance. I don't think Ilias meant to
> use the word "gay" offensively, but is using it in a valid context, which
> is
> to indicate that something is homosexual, i.e. sexually attracted to
> members
> of the same gender, or loved by those who do.
>
> For example, rainbows are often used as a symbol of gay pride. Rainbow
> imagery is also highly correlated with unicorns. I don't think what Ilias
> is
> saying is too much of a stretch.
>
> Just my two cents.

Is this really worth defending Ilias over? And especially when so many
people are celebrating gay pride this weekend, I think this is in extremely
bad taste.

Also I don't buy what you are saying. There's nothing inherently homosexual
about unicorns and while your point is valid that the rainbow is a symbol of
gay pride, unicorns are not.

- Salk