On Friday, June 17, 2011 02:50:27 PM Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> On 17 Ϧ, 22:12, Ryan Davis <ryand-r... / zenspider.com> wrote:
> > and nobody here believes a word of it.
>
> I don't care what the masses think and believe, especially those of
> your kind.

You mean the kind who have jobs, and program for a living? I suppose if self-
employment works out for you, then you have nothing to worry about. But if you
actually want to get a job in Ruby, many of the people who have been replying
either do have jobs and help out in technical interviews, or are held in high
esteem by those who do.

But I'm not sure I believe this, either. It's not that you don't care what we
think -- I think you'd love for us to see you the way you see yourself, as a
brilliant programmer, a visionary, the sort of person who builds the tools
we'll all be using tomorrow. I think you also realize how damaging our
opinions could be to your career -- why else would you threaten us with legal
action? It's just that when it comes down to it, when we ask you for evidence,
you've got nothing to back it up.

It's not that you don't care what we think, it's that you don't see any wayto
change our minds.

That's not entirely true, however. Coming clean and apologizing would go a
long way. I don't see you doing that sincerely anytime soon (and sarcasm is
the opposite of sincerity), but feel free to surprise everyone.

> (but the thread is now closed, possibly in the next one)

I have to wonder if this is a bizarre attempt at gaining control of an
actually-uncontrolled forum, or an actual delusion that you are the arbiterof
when a thread is closed or not, or what the appropriate topic is.