On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Ilias Lazaridis <ilias / lazaridis.com> wrot=
e:

> Is this so? I've seen many which mention the employers/customers
> anonymous, with an "references on request".

You worked only on NDA'd projects for 20 years, and you can't even
mention past *clients*? Yeah, right.

>> You couldn't code yourself out of a wet paper bag if your life depended =
on it (in _any_ language).

> You're getting ordinary.

Well, let's get a little less ordinary: Why did you leave Siemens a
year after finishing your training as electrician? Provide the
Arbeitszeugnis[0] of your time at Siemens.

What happened to your first attempt at self-employment? Provide the
name and (expired by now, alas) registration of the business, or the
district court where the business was registered.

What's your further education after you made it to journeyman electrician?

Why didn't you decide to visit a Fachhochschule[1] to gain academic credent=
ials?

What are your certifications in programming, program management, and design=
?

Until proven otherwise, we are free to assume that:

A) Siemens fired you (an extraordinary event back in the late 1980s,
since Siemens was like Japanese car makers in that time: If you were
good, you were set for *life*).
B) You don't have any credentials in software development.
C) You aren't qualified to be admitted to a Fachhochschule.
D) You never worked since you were fired by Siemens, living off of
unemployment grants.

Explanations for non-Germans:

[0] An Arbeitszeugnis is a diploma of sorts which details how well--or
not--an employee behaved and worked during their time at an employer.
It's by no means confidential (though private, and Ilias can't be
compelled to provide the Arbeitszeugnis).

[1] A Fachhochschule is roughly equivalent to a technical college in
the US, and allows those without the necessary credentials in second
level education (called "Fachhochschulreife", which is usually *not*
attained if you visited a lower rung,
not-very-intellectually-demanding school called "Hauptschule", or if
one wasn't good enough to visit the 10th year of schooling at a
"Realschule") to attain a degree in a field related to their trained
job after some time spent working in their learned field. Usually,
expertise can be provided in a less formal manner, for example
references to clients that one worked for, if one wants to study in a
field that one didn't train in.

--=20
Phillip Gawlowski

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Leibnitz