On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Steve Klabnik <steve / steveklabnik.com> wrote:
>> Frankly, I find the Ruby ecosystem is
>> becoming increasingly complex.
>
> All software is becoming increasingly complex. It has been, ever since we
> started using assembly rather than machine code. Such is the nature of the
> beast.

Of course.  But there's a difference between complexity required to
solve complex problems and complexity introduced without need.
Unfortunately the latter seems to be quite ubiquitous these days...

> That said, it's our job to manage this complexity. This is a fundamentally
> hard problem, and none of it is _necceasary_      > tools are too much work, just don't use those tools. Isolate exists for a
> reason...

You mean http://rubygems.org/gems/isolate I guess.  Isn't it ironic
that we introduced gem to have a single repository with automated
updating etc. and now add another tool which reverses the effect?
Greetings from DLL hell...

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/