2011/6/11 Ilias Lazaridis <ilias / lazaridis.com>:
> On 11 Ϧ, 20:30, Phillip Gawlowski <cmdjackr... / googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> The basic requirement I've mentioned subjects "necessary setup actions
> to make product operative".

Ruby is operative without file associations to .rb/.rbw files. While
setting file associations is a sensible default for lots of software,
the usual use case of RubyInstaller is such that it is not clearly one
of the cases where file associations by default make sense; so the
safer choice is to minimize disruption by not setting them.