2011/6/11 Ilias Lazaridis <ilias / lazaridis.com>:

> Back to topic: please ask some product manager that you trust about
> the basic installer requirement that I've mentioned (it's not my
> requirement, but a general one).

Here is a quote from Microsoft's UX design guidelines:
"Don't force users to opt out of installing optional features. Allow
them to opt in instead. For example, users should explicitly choose to
install a Windows Desktop Gadget."

Source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee915058.aspx

--
Phillip Gawlowski