On 11 =C9=EF=FD=ED, 06:35, Luis Lavena <luislav... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 10, 1:05=A0pm, Ilias Lazaridis <il... / lazaridis.com> wrote:
>
> > I see, possibly this should be enabled by default (a knowledgeable
> > user will take action and disable if he needs so)
>
> Defaults like file associations and editors are very subjective.
[...] - (expanding issue, getting personal)

No need to get personal or to extend the issue, it's very simple:

The fundamental user expectation is that it works out-of-the-box,
without any intervention.

And this is the major requirement to an installer.

Usually there is a choice, something like:

[X] Default Installation
[ ] Custom Installation

"Default Installation" does not mean "I don't touch anything".

It means "I take the necessary actions to make the product running on
this machine".

If a user wants to have more control over the installation, he selects
"Custom installation".

.

--
http://lazaridis.com