On 10 , 19:33, Luis Lavena <luislav... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 10, 11:40  쮮
>
> > > C:\Users\walton.hoops\repos>ruby --version
> > > ruby 1.9.2p180 (2011-02-18) [i386-mingw32]
>
> > same version here.
>
> > > C:\Users\walton.hoops\repos>irb
> > > irb(main):001:0> require 'sinatra'
> > > => true
> > > irb(main):002:0>
>
> > > Works for me. > > > Does it not for you? >
> > It works.
>
> > And in my file, I've removed "require 'rubygems' " now, and it works,
> > too (to my surprise).
>
> > But I'm sure it did not. After I installed via the "one-click-
> > installer", I had to use "require 'rubygems' " in order to make it
> > work.
>
> There is no such thing as One-Click Installer, is RubyInstaller

Confirmed, RubyInstaller

> Ruby 1.9.1 and 1.9.2 remove the need for require "rubygems"

ok

> If you can't replicate it, then it didn't happen.

It happened, just don't know the cause.

> > I've now uninstalled everything including the gems, and reinstalled:
>
> > It works again.
>
> > I can't recreate it on this machine anymore.
>
> Has nothing to do with your machine, it works since long time ago, we
> worked really hard to ensure that was for everybody.

ok

> > > If not can you give us some more
> > > information, such as a simple demo that reproduces the issue?
>
> > It was really not much more than:
>
> > require 'rubygems' #add this, thus files can be started with double-
> > click on windows-explorer
>
> Please note that you mentioned "One-Click Installer" but also
> mentioned 1.9.2
>
> RubyInstaller do not associate with .rb and .rbw files by default, you
> need to check these options.

I see, possibly this should be enabled by default (a knowledgeable
user will take action and disable if he needs so)

> If you had a previous "One-Click Installer" (1.8.6 or older) and that
> was associated with .rb files, that could explain why you needed
> require "rubygems".

There is a possibility that this was the case.

One other possible influence could be the Kommodo IDE.

Anyway, if you say that this is a solved issue, than I consider it
closed.

btw:

Thank you for this RubyInstaller, makes things very easy.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com