On Jun 10, 11:40=A0am, Ilias Lazaridis <il... / lazaridis.com> wrote:

> > C:\Users\walton.hoops\repos>ruby --version
> > ruby 1.9.2p180 (2011-02-18) [i386-mingw32]
>
> same version here.
>
> > C:\Users\walton.hoops\repos>irb
> > irb(main):001:0> require 'sinatra'
> > =3D> true
> > irb(main):002:0>
>
> > Works for me. =A0
> > Does it not for you? =A0
>
> It works.
>
> And in my file, I've removed "require 'rubygems' " now, and it works,
> too (to my surprise).
>
> But I'm sure it did not. After I installed via the "one-click-
> installer", I had to use "require 'rubygems' " in order to make it
> work.

There is no such thing as One-Click Installer, is RubyInstaller

Ruby 1.9.1 and 1.9.2 remove the need for require "rubygems"

If you can't replicate it, then it didn't happen.

> I've now uninstalled everything including the gems, and reinstalled:
>
> It works again.
>
> I can't recreate it on this machine anymore.

Has nothing to do with your machine, it works since long time ago, we
worked really hard to ensure that was for everybody.

> > If not can you give us some more
> > information, such as a simple demo that reproduces the issue?
>
> It was really not much more than:
>
> require 'rubygems' #add this, thus files can be started with double-
> click on windows-explorer

Please note that you mentioned "One-Click Installer" but also
mentioned 1.9.2

RubyInstaller do not associate with .rb and .rbw files by default, you
need to check these options.

If you had a previous "One-Click Installer" (1.8.6 or older) and that
was associated with .rb files, that could explain why you needed
require "rubygems".

--
Luis Lavena