--0lnxQi9hkpPO77W3

# Security Issues!

This release contains fixes for possible XSS problems in your rails application.  It is unlikely that your application is vulnerable, but you should take precautions by updating your application.

For more information about the XSS issue that was fixed in this release, please [read this blog post](http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2011/6/8/potential-xss-vulnerability-in-ruby-on-rails-applications).

## WELCOME!

Hi everyone!  I've released Rails version 3.1.0.rc2!

Please download our latest release candidate and give it a whirl!

Two weeks from today, we'll either release another rc, or release 3.1.0 final (depending on the reported issues).

## CHANGES

* Fixing Rake 0.9.x integration
* Fixing rubygems deprecation warnings
* Sprockets was updated

## MORE IMPORTANT CHANGES

* Much whitespace was removed
* Many typos were fixed
* Queens English was changed to American English
* Many grammar errors removed

For an exaustive list of changes, see the [log on github](https://github.com/rails/rails/compare/v3.1.0.rc1...v3.1.0.rc2).

--
Aaron Patterson