On Jun 8, 2011, at 11:28 AM, Intransition wrote:

> On Jun 8, 10:59 am, Michael Edgar <ad... / carboni.ca> wrote:
>> On Jun 8, 2011, at 10:56 AM, Christopher Dicely wrote:
>>
>>> The easiest way to get the error you ask about is
>>> module X; module Foo; end; end
>>> X::Foo::X
>>
>>> But I would guess that that probably isn't what you are looking for either.
>>
>> It wouldn't be, because that's not an error: it ends up referencing the top-level X from inside Foo, giving this warning:
>>
>> (irb):1407: warning: toplevel constant X referenced by X::Foo::X
>
> Interesting. What platform on you on?

That was on 1.9.2p188. Seems to be a change in 1.9 - I started checking against other RVM installs
after seeing your response that X::Foo::X gives an error. I could've sworn I understood the differences
in constant resolution between 1.9.2 and 1.8.7... back to the drawing board there, I guess.

In fact, I can't even produce that error in 1.9.2.

Michael Edgar
adgar / carboni.ca
http://carboni.ca/