On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas / lucas-nussbaum.net>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since the beginning of 2011, the Debian Ruby team has been working on
> several big changes. Those changes all are available in Debian unstable,
> some of them are also available in Debian testing, and they should all
> be available in the next Debian and Ubuntu releases.

Any chance of getting RVM as a debian package?
Also, I've been following this thread. I am still unclear as to why there is
such a need to have a gem2deb translation. Wouldn't a better solution be to
have a meta package for RVM  and let rvm with rubygems handle gems/ their
dependencies? The RVM metapackage could include all the major dependencies
that one would reasonably expect to run into with say the 100 most popular
rubygems.

Andrew McElroy