On Jun 4, 5:47=A0pm, Le Couey <LeCo... / sfcn.org> wrote:

> I've run into a bit of a problem with this version of the rubygems-update=
, (or
> maybe it was the last one). It errors out when I try to update:
>
> --- 8< -------------------------- 8< --------------------------- 8<
> ----------------------
> Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence>set homepath
> HOMEPATH=3D\Documents and Settings\Lawrence
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence>set HOMEPATH=3D/Documents and Settings=
/Lawrence

> C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence>set homepath
> HOMEPATH=3D/Documents and Settings/Lawrence
>
> --- 8< -------------------------- 8< --------------------------- 8<
> ----------------------
> C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence>gem update --system --backtrace
> ERROR: =A0While executing gem ... (Errno::ENOENT)
> =A0 =A0 No such file or directory - C:/%HOMEPATH%

The problem is not HOMEPATH, or \ or / in the variable.

Please do "gem env" and provide that information.

Ruby uses a combination of HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH variables when
"HOME" variable is not defined, and then it will fall back to
USERPROFILE

So, please provide details about HOME, HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH values,
also ensure the variables ARE assigned or try doing this:

SET HOME=3D%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%

And see what this produces:

ruby -ve "puts File.expand_path('~')"

--