ok, so i'm writing some tests to check if requiring some files will work
(right now it's all sorts of broken, but thats besides the point...)
 anyway, my (rather simple code) is this (so far):

# some tests to see if the shogun libraries are loading properly

require 'test/unit'

class TestLibs < Test::Unit::TestCase

  def setup
    @libs = %w{ narray Classifier Distance Evaluation Kernel Preprocessor
Structure Clustering Distribution Library Regression }
  end

  def test_load
    @libs.each do |lib|
      assert load_lib( lib ), "ERROR!!!!! #{lib} didn't load!!"

  def load_lib lib
    begin
      return require lib
    rescue LoadError
      return false

# end testing good-ness!!

so, this works-ish.  NArray loads, and throws no error, but when Classifier
tries to load, the assert fires & the whole method stops, so my output is:

# moar kode stufz

$ ./test_libs.rb

Loaded suite ./test_libs
Started
Finished in 0.465465 seconds.

  1) Failure:
test_load(TestLibs) [./test_libs.rb:15]:
ERROR!!!!! Classifier didn't load!!

1 tests, 2 assertions, 1 failures, 0 errors, 0 skips

# no moar kode stufz

i was wondering if there was a more elegant way to do this other than
writing a bunch of ... IDEA!!!  ffs!!  idea is epic fail!  ['twas to us
metaprogramming to make the methods, but apparently it wont automagically
run anything but test_* stuff ;( ]  ok, so yeah, anyone have any ideas??
 thanks in advance!
hex

--

> > Other than the fact Linux has a cool name, could someone explain why I
> > should use Linux over BSD?
>
> No.  That's it.  The cool name, that is.  We worked very hard on
> creating a name that would appeal to the majority of people, and it
> certainly paid off: thousands of people are using linux just to be able
> to say "OS/2? Hah.  I've got Linux.  What a cool name".  386BSD made the
> mistake of putting a lot of numbers and weird abbreviations into the
> name, and is scaring away a lot of people just because it sounds too
> technical.
	-- Linus Torvalds' follow-up to a question about Linux