I'm saying this because I ran into trouble because of sudo brew, as the
homebrew doc says:

"Homebrew is designed to work without using sudo. You can decide to use it
but we strongly recommend not to do so. If you have used sudo and run into =
bug then it is likely to be the cause. Please don=92t file a bug report unl=
ess
you can reproduce it after reinstalling Homebrew from scratch without using
sudo"

YMMV